Kislap Traveller's Notebook

It has been a while since my last post.I've been really busy with moving out of the rented condominium unit to moving in to our owned condominium unit. Yes! we finally decided to buy our own home and moving in was a lot of work. It was all worth it though as the home is now starting to really feel like ours.  I will do a home tour once everything is in place. So excited!

Speaking of moving in, I also moved in to my new notebook. I've been using a small notebook with vintage floral print for 2 years now, for random notes and doodles. I was running out of pages so I had to look for a new notebook. I had several, but none of them felt right. I even tried on using a planner which I wrote about here. It  was fun at first and was able to do a lot with it. Eventually though, I realized that it was too bulky for me. I also tried creating my own fauxdori. I loved it. But again, too big for small bags that I like to carry around. If I need to bring it, I will need to carry it in a big bag. That has been my main dilemma. So I looked for other smaller notebooks. I found a lot of cute ones but I thought a refillable one is more practical. Then Alunsina Handbound books came up with their Kislap series and it was perfect. Alunsina is a local craft store specializing in leather bound journals and planners. You can check some of their products here.

Say hi to my Kislap notebook! Which I still need to name.


I chose the brown distressed variety because of it's vintage look. The leather is soft and smells sooooo good. I like smelling it. 

I had my initial, well part of, imprinted on the cover leather and my full first name at the bottom. I also chose the plane charm because I like to travel but am scared of flying - so maybe a plane charm will help me manage my fear of flying - fingers crossed.

I have a thing for pouches. Almost all of the things that I own have their own pouch or container. I just like it organized. 



I have overused this fabric and the last piece is just enough for my Kislap pouch. I also sewn in a small pocket to house some pens and used little charms for the draw strings. Ofcourse I had a put a crown on it too. It will be easier to carry my notebook and all the paraphernalia that I need in planning because of the pouch.


The notebook fits perfectly in the pouch. I left a 2 inch allowance at the top so that the bookmarks won't get crumpled when you close it.


Now let's get inside the notebook


It's pretty stuffed, which I like.

First up is the mini kraft folder that I made to hold small paper stuff. There are times when you need just a small piece and it's a waste to tear off from the notebook. 

  

The first notebook is for random notes or details that I need to write down immediately.  I used the other side as a dashboard for stickons, I also use a magnetic paper marker to group together used pages so that when I need to write down something, it will immediately bring me to the next available page.
 

There are also page markers to mark the notes that I need to get back to later. 


After the first notebook is the other half kraft of the folder. 

 

The next notebook, the lined one is for all the important personal details that I usually forget. I didn't take a picture because, these are a bit confidential.

The next notebook is the grid one which I basically use as a planner. I stamped dates on it 


I also cut out the monthly view from my Lilly Pulitzer planner and transferred it to a blank page. I used paper tape to stick it so that come the next month, I can use the same page and the tape won't damage the paper. 


I also keep a bulldog clip to group together pages that the paper clip can no longer hold - for easy writing.

 The notebook set comes with felt card pockets. I use it for coffeeshop loyalty cards, stickers, post its and washi dashboard. 


I also created a "Today" marker. I reused the laminated paper from my old planner.  


The marker also serves as a dashboard for more stickons. 


I love carrying my notebook around. It's small enough to fit even in my smallest purse but has enough space to get creative.

So, YEY! 







Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP